The seven meal offerings include a vegan option, quick midweek suppers and classic Sunday roasts, with each meal allowing for four servings. Food Lover’s Market meal kits start at R160, with recipes ranging from topside roast to spaghetti Bolognese.
On the retail partnership – which is a first for UberEats – general manager for South Africa, Nic Robertson, says: “Food Lover’s Market is the first national retailer to come on board to deliver meal kits on demand. Our aim has always been to innovate and evolve the food delivery industry and this partnership has enabled us to do just that. With both Food Lover’s Market and UberEats being committed to providing consumers with convenience, quality and variety, the synergies between the two brands made our decision to partner a natural one.”
Brian Coppin, CEO of Food Lover’s Market, adds: “This was really a no-brainer for us. Our Love Food Movement marketing campaign was designed to get South Africans back into the kitchen and cooking delicious food for their loved ones – despite the fast pace of everyday life. Partnering with UberEATS affords us the opportunity of offering our customers the convenience of ordering their meal kits on the go, without going into a store when they are time deficient. The same delicious Food Lover’s Market ingredients, but delivered to your door.”
How to order
To order, customers should follow the instructions below:
1. Download the UberEats app from the iTunes or Android app store;
2. Log in with your same Uber account credentials, or set up an account;
3. Select the dish (or dishes) you want to make;
4. Press ‘place order’ and wait while your meal kit is prepared, or track the status of your order on the app;
5. An Uber delivery partner will deliver your order to your door;
6. Your receipt will be sent to your email address associated with your Uber account.
Initially, meal kits will only be available for request from the following Food Lover’s Market stores: Nicolway and Chilli on Top in Johannesburg, and Roeland Street and Tokai in Cape Town – with a view to add more stores in the coming months.