Alex police attended 89 reported crimes in the week ending 20 August.
Twenty-nine of them were priority crimes including one for murder and three for rape, and 60 were other offences including one for attempted murder and 28 for common assault.
The details for priority crimes are:
- 1 murder
- 3 rapes
- 7 theft out of motor vehicles
- 7 residential burglaries
- 1 for a business burglary
- 5 motor vehicle hijackings
- 1 house robbery
- 4 for robbery with a firearm.
The other arrests are:
- 1 attempted murder
- assaults with intent to cause grievous bodily harm
- 28 common assaults
- 1 robbery with another form of weapon
- 3 for common robbery
- 4 theft out of motor vehicles
- 7 for malicious damage to property
- 8 general theft
- 3 for fraud.
Suspects for some of the crimes were either arrested, remanded in custody awaiting further investigation and trial, granted bail or released due to insufficient evidence.
Details: Alex Police Station 011 439 7718/9.